Saturday, March 10, 2007

Belated Hide


I got called into work so I didn't get round to finishing my first illo friday for a while, but I followed through and here it is. I wanted to try a new style in flash, where I painted rather than aim for perfect lines like my other vector work. I was inspired greatly by the work of Pascal Campion whose illustrations and animations ooze life. Whilst I didn't get anywhere near his work, I'm still quite happy with this. I wanted to push my character designs as well as aim for a really simple background style. Also thought I'd try a texture bg...lots goes into a simple pic :p

1 comment:

pascal said...

I think you did a very nice job s a matter of fact.
It is much more personal than you might think. I like the idea withing this illustration. i would think that you could push you character designs even more, by simplifying them to a new level. Simply because your background/world calls for something very readable and very simple.

Good job.(^_^)