Monday, April 30, 2007

Mr Postelthwaite


I watched Brassed Off for the umpteenth time again last night. I love that film. The last scene where the band plays on the open air bus is just gorgeous how Danny conducts solemnly from within the band. So I decided not to go to bed and do a portrait in painter of Postelthwaite. I found a lovely photo of him in Sydney and use that as my inspiration. My proportions are that great but I have to say I'm quite chuffed with the way this came out, it really exceeded my expectations...I haven't done a portrait like this in ages, since i was in high school so it was great getting back into it. And learning painter is lots of fun, this time i used the conte brushes and found how cool blenders are!
This week I want to focus on getting some new portfolio pieces together...lately i've been quite slack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Daisy how's things! I found your blog through Pete's - this is a really nice piece, I haven't seen Brassed Off but I'm a big fan of Pete Postelthwaite, great likeness :)
Hope life is treating you well.
Andy