Tuesday, May 01, 2007

This Devils Workday: Illo Friday 2


Do you remember bullies? I do...and I went to an all-girls school, they were nasty! He's probably just jealous the snail carries his home on his back. Well thats the excuse my mum would have given me if I were that snail and just got home after this happened.

Yes, it's another monster. I was listening to Modest Mouse whilst trying to get a different illo started and "This Devil's Workday" came on. The bit where the guy laughs made me think of an image similar to this one...I wanted to get a feel for painter with my own sketches, rather than using a photo as a reference. It was a lot harder than I imagined, which is why I think my other illo isn't pleasing me. But I kept at it and I quite like this one...Definately one of my better drawings of late, the pose and character design fit a certain style which I've been trying to emulate...isn't it just grand when things work out!

4 comments:

Natura said...

Ha, ha, ha very fun idea and lovely done!

Jeff said...

Great job on this one! I was on the receiving end of bullies as well for part of my childhood. I guess that's the price we creative people endure! :o)

arvindh said...

how can one forget bullies? Good one here,.

mike r baker said...

Wow. That's great! And wicked!